Read-a-thons are pretty new to me and were only introduced to me through the world of booktube. I've decided to join one this year because a friend of mine is doing it, Alysia. And I was hesitant as to if I could keep up with it, but I think it will be more fun knowing someone in real life doing it as well. So I decided to do the Bout of Books 9.0 Read-A-Thon 1/6 to 1/12 this year. What is it you ask?
From the blog it states: The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon was created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender on a complete whim in August 2011*. It took on a life of its own and was such a hit that Amanda decided to do it again and turn it into a somewhat regular occurrence.
- Bout of Books is a week long read-a-thon, usually from 12:01am on a Monday through 11:59pm on a Sunday in whatever time zone you are in.
- It is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
- How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
- Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required.
- Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.
I am super excited about this. I am going to post my reading list soon after I take a look through everything. School also starts up again that week that this starts, so I am going to make sure I get all of my school readings done beforehand so that the week is free for reading! :) Go over to the site here and sign up today! :D